Selling a home today is complex and requires a Realtor with good market knowledge, an understanding of contracts and necessary disclosures, good communication skills, tough negotiating, and attention to detail. From start to finish, I provide my clients with exceptional service and take the time and steps necessary to protect their interests just as I would my own. I do all I can to facilitate a stress free sale and do this by always being organized and prepared. Here is a detailed account of how I will sell your home and get you the best price.
- Determine Market Value: First, I will carefully pull and review recent comparable sales. Then, prior to putting the house on the market, my colleagues at Village Associates will tour the property for price input. With that input, we will discuss the results and I will recommend a price which will attract attention and the highest final sale price.
- Home Preparation/Staging: It often takes a team to get a home ready for market. I will coordinate, as necessary, stagers, painters, window washers, repair work, yard maintenance, or whatever service is needed to get your home into shape for sale. Staging works! Accordingly, I consult with my stager to make sure your house shows at its best. She can provide services ranging from freshening up a home with new pillows and flowers to a full stage complete with new paint colors, stylish art, and accent pieces.
- Inspections: Pre-sale inspections are often recommended in order to attract serious and informed offers. When buyers understand what they are buying, escrows go more smoothly. When advisable, I will coordinate pre-sale inspections, discuss the outcomes of such, and facilitate any repairs we agree are necessary prior to putting your home on the market.
- Prepare Disclosure Packets: I will provide you with all the necessary disclosure paperwork and answer your questions in order to make sure that your interests are well protected.
- Educate you: It is important that you understand the process of selling your home. I will be proactive in educating you and making sure that your decisions are informed.
- Strategy: It is important to strategically market a home for sale. I take the extra step to identify the profile buyer and market your home accordingly.
- Print and Digital Marketing: First, your home will be professionally photographed. Those pictures will be used to create a custom virtual tour available on the internet as well as high quality flyers that beautifully showcase your home’s best features.
- Advertising: Not only will your home be marketed on the Multiple Listing Service, but my listings can be seen on realtor.com, trulia, zillow, homes.com, sfgate, cctimes.com, and redfin – just to name a few of the more frequented sites. I also feature my listings on jaimeroder.com, luxuryrealestate.com, and villageassociates.com. Additionally, we will establish an advertising schedule with newspapers (SF Chronicle, Contra Costa Times, Contra Costa Sun, Lamorinda Weekly, and/or Home Folio Magazine). Additionally, I will mail coming soon / just listing postcards to the neighbors and my network of contacts.
- Open house: I will personally hold your home open on Tuesday(s) for the Brokers Tour as well as over the weekend for potential buyers to tour. During this time, I will actively market your home. I will also facilitate private tours for any potential buyers.
Communication: Consistent & Clear
- I will listen to your needs and objectives and we will work together to see that these are met. I will consistently provide you clear feedback and keep you up to date on the developments of your home sale. I answer my own phone and
respond to emails in a timely manner.
- I am a seasoned and spirited negotiator. I look forward to successfully negotiating on your behalf and providing you with the best possible sales terms.
Facilitate and Negotiate Escrow
- Disclosures: I ensure that all necessary disclosures are complete and reviewed and returned, signed by buyers. Selling your home exposes you to potential liability. I will use my expertise to educate you and protect you from preventable liability.
- Facilitate inspections: I will attend all inspections, ask pertinent questions, problem-solve inspection findings, and expertly negotiate any post inspection requests
- Ensure a smooth & timely closing: I work closely with Title & Escrow and the Buyer to anticipate and solve any problems that may delay closing. I also assist my clients in taking the steps necessary to transition from one home to another. Additionally, I accompany sellers at closing so that I can answer any questions they may have.
- Our relationship doesn’t end at closing. I will continue to serve as your real estate resource going forward – from home warranty assistance and home service referrals to market updates.